We love the simple ingredients in these Beef Koftas that allow our Angus Beef to really shine. If you don't want to grill the koftas, they cook fantastically on the BBQ as well. Our biggest tip: be careful not to overcook them when grilling to ensure they stay nice and moist. Enjoy!
1 cup natural yoghurt
1 lebanese cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons fresh coriander
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
500g Green Meadows Premium Beef Mince
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
1 brown onion, quartered
2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 tablesppons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons sweet or smoky paprika
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper
12-16 wooden skewers
- Mix all the dipping sauce ingredients together in a small food processor or by hand. Transfer to a small bowl and cover. Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Line a large baking tray with foil. Place the parsley, fresh coriander and onion into a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Add the mince, ground coriander, cumin, paprika, allspice and salt and pepper. Process until completely combined and mixture resembles a paste.
- Preheat oven grill to medium-high. Using your hands, take a tablespoon of beef mixture and shape into a pointed sausage around the skewer, pressing firmly to compact. Place on the foil lined tray and repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Brush the koftas with olive oil and cook under the grill for 5-7 minutes, or until browned, before turning carefully with tongs and brushing the underside with oil and returning to the grill for an additional 5-7 minutes. You want the mince to be just cooked through, being careful not to dry them out.
- Serve with the dipping sauce, warmed pita bread and a salad.