We love using lettuce cups as an alternative to tortillas. Try out this amazing recipe with our Premium Beef Mince.
1 tablespoon olive oil
500g Green Meadows Beef Angus Premium Beef Mince
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, finely diced
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
salt and pepper, to taste
cos lettuce leaves
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons peanut butter (try as natural as possible - we love Pic's Crunchy)
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce, more to taste
Optional: fresh sliced chilli
1. Mix all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a fry pan over a medium to high heat. Add the beef mince and cook until browned (about 3-5 minutes), breaking up the meat as it cooks.
3. Stir in the garlic, onion and pre-mixed sauce. Stir together and cook until the onion is clear and soft.
4. Add the spring onions and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. To serve, spoon 3-4 tablespoons of the mince mixture into the centre of a lettuce leaf, top with carrot and mung bean sprouts. Squeeze lime juice over and add extra chillis or sweet chilli sauce if desired.
6. Eat taco style.